"GoLive" – How To Use DiscountASP to Connect Web Site to Database
DiscountAsp is the best hosting company that I have found for .NET applications. They provide many SQL tools that make it easy to remotely manage your sql database directly from your computer that other hosting companies like GoDaddy do not. Here are the exact steps that you need to take to use DiscountASP to connect a web site to a SQL Database
- Get domain name from GoDaddy for $8/year
- Get hosting account with DiscountASP for $10 per month
- In Discountasp – select $10 monthly addon for SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2008
- On GoDaddy in domain manager, update nameservers to point to discountasp. This points your domain name to hosting address on discountasp.net
- Use SQL Server 2005 or 2008 remote connect to discountasp server. Create your database and tables on discount asp.
- Use Visual Web Developer to create your application and use configure sqldatasource to point to database on DiscountASP
- Visual Web Developer – Use "Website/Copy website" in toolbar to copy your application to ftp location on discount asp – usually ftp.yourwebsite.com
- (Hint: When using DiscountASP to build a portfolio of web sites to demonstrate your skills, you can use starter kits to jump-start your progress.)
- Visual Studio Express 2005 Video Tutorial – Part 1 Quick 2-minute tutorial shows how to install Visual Studio Visual...
- SQL Server 2005 Express Tutorial: (13 Videos) Database mirroring, backup sql server 2005, sql server 2005 replication, sql server standard edition, download sql server 2005, compare sql server, sql server instance Excellent SQL Server 2005 Express series of 13 free videos...
- Welcome to IdealProgrammer Catalog of 17,000+ Hours of.NET Video Tutorials Where Do I...
- SQL Server 2005 Video Tutorial – 1 – Installing This programming video tutorial series will show will show you...
- Visual Studio Express 2005 Video Tutorial – Part 2 This is the second of a series of asp net...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.